As we welcome in a new year let’s begin by seeing 2018 as a year of opportunity for us – personally and professionally. Opportunities are everywhere – if we look for them and…we absolutely have the ability to create opportunities – if we choose to.
Here are a few suggestions on how you can make that happen:
1. SET GOALS and work on them on a regular basis. The late Brian Tracy said: “Goals are the fuel for the furnace of achievement.”
2. CREATE OPPORTUNITIES rather than waiting for them to come your way. The only way to get the future you want is to create it.
3. Take cautious control of your own life. If you don’t control your life – someone else will.
4. Remember, you have the ability to engineer a life of success and achievement. (See #1)
5. Apply YOUR principles and core values – not those of someone else.
6. Use imagination & creativity to deal with change and to problem solve. Fixing problems only maintain the status quo. Looking for new or different ways to problem solve changes the status quo.
7. Be response-able – Accept the things you cannot change – change the things you can – and have the wisdom to know the difference.